Peel Infant-Parent Program:
Peel Infant-Parent Program
Do you have worries that are making it hard to comfort or care for your baby or young child? Do you wonder if your child is doing the things that most children of the same age can do? Our Peel Infant-Parent Program can help.
Every infant and parent is different. Knowing what works for both of you is important. If you have a good relationship with your infant and look after his or her needs, you will help your child grow up to be happy and healthy.
Can you take part in our program?
You can take part in our program
- if you live in the Region of Peel,
- if you have a child who is between 0 and 36 months of age, and
- if you have concerns about your child’s development, or your relationship with your child.
We can help if you have concerns like these.
- I’m feeling sad or angry or alone.
- I find it hard to look after my child.
- I don’t know what my child needs.
- My baby cries all the time and I don’t know what to do.
- I don’t know if my child is growing or developing normally.
What do we do?
We will meet for 2 ½ hours every time you and your young child come to our program located at 9996 Kennedy Road North in Brampton. Working together, we will come up with goals that are just for you and your child.
We can help by
- finding out what your infant likes,
- understanding your infant’s temperament, or personality,
- checking your child’s growth and development,
- showing you ways to play with your infant,
- helping you get to know yourself as a parent,
- working with other family members and services you are involved with, and
- connecting you with other parents and resources.
How can you find out more about our program?
You can find out more about our program by calling SNAP Peel (Child Care Special Needs Access Point - Peel) at 905-791-7800 ext. 7627.
Make the Connection - Fall 2016
File Name: Make the Connection - Fall 2016.pdf