ICF (ages 7-17):
Intensive Child and Family Service (for children from 7 to 17 years of age)
If your child has serious mental health problems, our Intensive Child and Family Service (Ages 7-17) can help.Can you use our service?
You can use our service
What do we do?
- if your child is between 7 and 17 years of age,
- if your child could lose his or her place at home or school,
- if your child could harm others, or himself or herself,
- if your family is having a difficult time dealing with your child’s problems,
- if other community services have not been able to help your child and family, and
- if you will work with us to help your child and family.
After talking to you and your child, our child and family mental health workers will create a plan to treat your child. This treatment will be specific to your child’s and family’s needs.
We will treat your child in your home, school, or community at a time that is best for you. Our treatment will help you make the most of your child’s and family’s strengths.
- You and your child may have counselling.
- We may give you advice about parenting your child.
- You and your child may talk to a psychiatrist or psychologist. These people are specially trained to assess problems with behaviour and feelings caused by illness or difficult situations.
Peel Children's Centre thanks CIBC and the GlaxoSmithKline Foundation for their generous support of our Intensive Child and Family Service.
How can you find out more about our service?
To find out if these services can help you and your child, please call Mental Health Services for Children and Youth (Centralized Intake) at 905-451-4655.