ICF (ages 0-6):
Intensive Child and Family Service (Preschool)
Is your young child at risk of having problems with his or her behaviour, feelings or relationships? Could your child lose his or her place at home, school, or childcare?
Our Intensive Child and Family Service (Preschool) can help you deal with your child’s problems. We can help make sure that your child stays at home, in school, or in childcare.Can your child use our services?
Your child can use our services
- if you, the child's parent(s) or guardian, live in the Region of Peel,
- if your child is under 7 years of age,
- if your child may seriously hurt himself or herself or others,
- if your child may lose his or her place at home, school, or childcare,
- if your child has seen violence or been abused, or
- if your child has problems relating to others, or
- if your child has problems doing the things he or she should be able to do at his or her age. (These problems are called developmental delays.)
What do we do?
If this service is right for your child, our child and family mental health workers will create a plan to treat your child. This treatment will be specific to your child’s problems and needs.
We will help you make the most of your child’s and family’s strengths.
- You and your child may have counselling.
- We may give you advice about parenting your child.
- You and your child may talk to a psychiatrist or psychologist. These people are specially trained to treat problems with behaviour and feelings caused by illness or difficult situations.
And we will treat your child in your home, school, or community at a time that is best for you.How can you find out more about our service?
To find out if these services can help you and your child, please call Mental Health Services for Children and Youth (Centralized Intake) at 905-451-4655.