Does your child have serious mental health problems? Are you having a difficult time dealing with your child’s behaviour? Our Connect Program may be able to help.
We use fun activities and counselling to help your child build better relationships with his or her family, schoolmates, and community.
Can your child take part in our program?
If your child is 8 to 13 years old and lives in the Region of Peel, he or she can take part in our program if:
- he or she could lose his or her place at home or school,
- he or she has serious problems controlling his or her behaviour with others, and
- he or she has a social worker from Peel Children’s Aid Society, or
- he or she may need services from Peel Children's Aid Society.
What will your child do in our program?
The Connect Program is made up of 3 main components.
- Parent and child groups where you will work with other families to learn new skills.
- Counselling sessions for your child and family.
- An after-school program where your child will have fun and learn new skills.
How can you find our more about these services?
To find out if your child can take part in this program,
- ask your social worker from Peel Children’s Aid Society to call Mental Health Services for Children and Youth (Centralized Intake) at 905-451-4655, or
- talk to your mental health worker at Peel Children’s Centre.