ICF Service (age 0-6):
Intensive Child and Family Service (Preschool)
Our Preschool Intensive Child and Family Service provides intensive clinical support and individualized treatment for young children who are at risk of experiencing mental health issues.Who is eligible for this service?
In general, we treat children under 7 years of age whose parent(s) or legal guardian reside in the Region of Peel. These children may:
- be at risk of harming themselves or others,
- be about to lose their placement at home, school or childcare,
- have witnessed violence or been abused, or
- have attachment problems.
What do we do?
We help our clients develop the appropriate coping skills suited for their individual needs. Armed with unique management methods, our multi-disciplinary team aims to secure the child's placement in their home and school.
Our clinicians serve our clients' needs by building on family strengths. Following a comprehensive assessment, we develop an individualized treatment program.
Treatment may include:
- Individual and family therapy,
- Support for parents in the home, skills training or group services,
- Advocacy and collaboration with other service providers, and
- Psychological and psychiatric assessments and consultation.
We offer treatment in the family home, at school, or in the Peel community at a time that is convenient for the family.
How can you access our service?
To access these services, please call Mental Health Services for Children and Youth (Centralized Intake) at 905-451-4655.