Peel’s child and youth mental health (CYMH) sector made excellent progress in 2014/15 implementing Moving on Mental Health, the provincial government’s plan to transform the experiences of children, youth and families so that wherever they live in Ontario, they can access the same core mental health services and have clear pathways into, through and out of care. We celebrated the following milestones in the past year.
• The Ministry of Children and Youth Services (MCYS) appointed Peel Children’s Centre (PCC) as the lead agency for the Peel service area.
• Peel’s six CYMH service providers shared key information about the current status of CYMH services in our community and “mapped” our existing services onto a new core services delivery framework consisting of seven service categories and two key processes.
• The six service providers continued our ongoing work to revision Peel’s centralized intake process, including the design of a proposed new model called the Peel Coordinated Intake Network (PCIN).
• We engaged key stakeholders from Peel’s mental health, education, healthcare and social service sectors through large forums and smaller meetings to discuss transformation in a local context.
• PCC submitted the Core Services Delivery Plan and Community Mental Health Plan for the Peel service area to MCYS on March 31st.
We look forward to keeping you engaged and informed as we move forward with transformation of the CYMH service system in Peel.