Thanking our strong community
PCC’s 24th Annual Holiday Brunch and Auction sold out and set a fundraising record for this event, with more than $57,000 raised to support PCC’s services. Many thanks to Rogues Restaurant owner Tony Pereira, Chef Bevan Terry and Rogues staff for again hosting the brunch and providing delicious meal choices in warm and festive surroundings.
Sincere thanks to our:
- Platinum Presenting Sponsor, Bell Let’s Talk and Matching Sponsor, Scotiabank, each of whose contributions exceeded $5,000
- Bronze Sponsors: Glen Schnarr & Associates Inc.; King Masonry Yard Ltd; RBC Royal Bank; A.C. Mazzuca DD of Stonegate Denture Clinic; Trailcon Leasing Inc.
- Heads or Tails Sponsor, Erin Mills Town Centre
- Raffle Sponsor, Air Canada Foundation
- Event Supporters: Ascona Foods Group; Astro Marketing; Binswanger Hectare; PCC’s Board of Directors; Brookfield Residential; City of Brampton; David Kingsland; Mara Aron
Thanks to everyone who donated auction items, purchased tickets and bid on auction items. Special thanks to stand-up comedian Evan Carter
, who provided a generous serving of humour with our meals, and to our very entertaining Master of Ceremonies, Ron Lenyk
. Thanks as well to the volunteers
who helped to organize and run the event. You are all making a positive difference in the lives of children, youth and their families who are struggling with mental health challenges.
We are extremely grateful for the following gifts valued at $5,000 or more
- RBC provided a $30,000 grant for PCC’s Group Services, as well as our RBC Career Launch Program intern, Sasha Mack.
- Collette donated $10,000 for Strongest Families through the Collette Foundation. Additionally, Collette’s corporate arm sponsored a Summer Camp Day and provided generous support to Cosmic Bowl and the Holiday Brunch and Auction.
- Hydro One Brampton donated $12,000 from the proceeds of its golf tournament, raising its cumulative support over the past four years to $58,500.
- The Community Foundation of Mississauga supported PCC with grants totalling $10,000.
- CIBC provided a grant of $10,000 for Intensive Child and Family Services.
- Toronto Star Fresh Air Fund provided $7,000 for our summer camp, raising the fund’s cumulative support to $88,000.
Thanks to everyone who sponsored, bowled, pledged, or provided donations to PCC’s 10th Annual Cosmic Bowl
. This year’s event raised more than $43,000! Cumulatively, Cosmic Bowl has raised nearly $350,000 for PCC’s programs.
Thanks as well to Staples Business Depot
’s Argentia Road store for again choosing Peel Children’s Centre for its school supplies drive
. In its ninth year, the drive raised nearly $4,000 to send our clients back to school with the supplies they need for school success.
Warm thanks to the following organizations that generously donated items or sponsored client families
to enable them to enjoy the Christmas holidays:
- Binswanger Hectare
- Boys and Girls Club
- Fed Ex Ground
- Jeanie’s Marketplace
- King Masonry Yard
- Mississauga Firefighters’ Benevolent Fund
- Peel Paramedics
- Salvation Army
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Toys for Tots.
Thanks as well to all the PCC employees and their families and friends who sponsored client families this holiday season.
A shout-out to our generous employees
who raised more than $10,000 for the United Way
this fall. Special thanks to our United Way committee: co-chairs Carl Blacquiere and Andrea Duncan, and members Anabella Alvarez, Colleen Bennett, Karen Brozina-Hawley, Christy Carter, John Choi, Mariko Estrada, Nancy Hood, Susan Lloyd, Philip Nicho, Meena Radhakrishnan,
Mirella Santarossa and Dianna Thomson-So.
Special thanks to recently retired Chair of Peel Region, Emil Kolb
, for his very generous support to PCC over many years. The Emil Kolb Hootenanny benefitted several children’s charities in Peel Region including PCC, which received more than $130,000 cumulatively from the annual event. PCC Board members and staff were honoured to pay tribute to Emil at the final Emil Kolb Retirement Hootenanny in November.
We greatly value the support we have received from all our community partners. Please visit peelcc.org
for a comprehensive list of our donors.
JESSICA ROSELLI, PCC'S VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
This year’s winner of our Ron Lenyk Volunteer of the Year Award was Peel Regional Police Sergeant Jessica Roselli. A 20-year veteran officer currently with the Neighbourhood Policing Unit, Jessica co-chaired, with Constable Lee Whidden, the Peel Regional Police Association’s Mother’s Day Brunch, which donated its full proceeds to PCC. Jessica also volunteered in PCC’s Mentor Program, helping an eight-year old girl build self-esteem and social skills. For years Jessica has supported PCC’s Cosmic Bowl, organizing colleagues to enjoy a night out while supporting PCC. Congratulations, Jessica on your compassion, advocacy and leadership on behalf of children with mental health challenges.
Our warm thanks to the more than 100 volunteers
who supported PCC families this past year as childcare providers, drivers, mentors, tutors, respite providers and fundraising assistants. Your dedication has made a positive difference in the lives of high-needs children and youth.
< Back to the news section