On Thursday May 29, 2008, Peel Children’s Centre held its 4th Annual Cosmic Bowl at Classic Bowl in Mississauga. All 150 participants had a great deal of fun while providing generous financial support to Peel Children’s Centre and its range of high quality mental health services for children, youth and their families who are experiencing serious emotional difficulties.
“Peel Children’s Centre has a vision of 'A caring community working together for children.' That’s what you see here tonight. It’s why I am here, and it’s why you are here,” said Matt Stajan, #14 Toronto Maple Leafs who was the special guest of the event. “Whether we have lots of strikes or lots of gutter balls, it’s all good bowling for a great cause.”
Peel Children’s Centre would like to thank and recognize those who made this 4th Annual Cosmic Bowl event a tremendous success:
* Media Sponsor – The Mississauga News
* Silver Sponsors – Galcon Marine Ltd., BDO Dunwoody LLP, Pallet Valo LLP, Canpar, and Clorox Company of Canada
* Balloon Pop Sponsor – Laurie Williamson Pontiac Buick GMC
* Lane Sponsors – Peel Regional Police, Linda and Ken Foxcroft, Tailsman Moving Service, Lennard Commercial Realty, Body Works Auto Collision, and Sutton Group
* Event Host – Classic Bowl.
Thanks also to everyone who pledged the participants, provided in-kind donations for the prizes and loot bags, volunteered their time on the day of the event, and attended the Cosmic Bowl. Together we made a difference!
Peel Children’s Centre is a fully accredited, charitable, children’s mental health agency offering high quality services free-of-charge to 3,700 children, youth and families each year. If you are interested in learning more about Peel Children’s Centre, making a donation or volunteering your time, please contact Marla Bloomfield at 905-795-3500 ext. 2298 or visit www.peelcc.org.