Thanks to our generous supporters
PCC’s 23rd Annual Holiday Brunch and Auction was our most successful ever, raising $55,000 for our programs and services. Many thanks to Rogues Restaurant owner Tony Pereira, Chef Bevan Terry and Rogues staff for again hosting the event and providing an exquisite meal.
- Sincere thanks to our
- Event Sponsors: Collette Vacations; Scotiabank; Ipacs Law Office; RBC Royal Bank; Erin Mills Town Centre; Sobey’s; King Masonry Yard Ltd.; Pallett Valo LLP; and Royal LePage.
- Event Supporters: Amrit Khaper; Binswanger Hectare; Brookfield Residential; City of Brampton; Evton Capital Partners; Magna International Inc; and PCC’s Board of Directors.
- Thanks to everyone who donated auction items, purchased tickets and bid on auction items. Special thanks to our guest speaker, NASCAR driver Ron Fellows, who entertained and inspired us. Thanks as well to the volunteers who helped to organize and run the event. You are all making a positive difference in the lives of children, youth and their families in our community.
Warm thanks to the following organizations that generously donated items or sponsored client families
to enable them to enjoy the holidays:
- Boys and Girls Club
- King Masonry Yard
- Peel Paramedics
- Salvation Army
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Toys for Tots.
Thanks as well to all the PCC employees who sponsored families this holiday season.
We are extremely grateful for the following gifts valued at $5,000 or more.
- RBC again provided a $40,000 grant for PCC’s Group Services, raising RBC’s cumulative support to $225,000.
- CIBC donated $10,000 towards our ICF 17-17 program, raising CIBC’s cumulative support to more than $100,000 over the past decade.
- Toronto Star Fresh Air Fund supported our summer camp to help children and youth retain their treatment gains over the summer, raising the fund’s cumulative support over 15 years to more than $80,000.
- Hydro One Brampton donated $14,000 from the proceeds of its golf tournament, raising its cumulative support over the past three years to $46,500.
Thanks to everyone who sponsored, bowled, pledged, or provided donations to PCC’s 9th Annual Cosmic Bowl
, as reported in our last newsletter. This year’s event raised more than $35,000!
Thanks as well to Staples Business Depot’s Argentia Road store
for again choosing Peel Children’s Centre for its school supplies drive. In its eighth year, the drive raised $4,600 to send our clients back to school with the supplies they needed for school success.
A shout-out to our generous employees
at PCC and our partner agency, Nexus Youth Services, who raised over $14,500 for the United Way
. Special thanks to our United Way committee: co-chairs Carl Blacquiere and Andrea Duncan, and members Colleen Bennett, Karen Brozina-Hawley, Christy Carter, John Choi, Philip Nicho, Nancy Pereira, Meena Radhakrishnan, Mirella Santarossa and Renée Sloos. They ran a very creative campaign, with several fun events to complement the staff payroll giving campaign.
We greatly value the support we have received from all our community partners. Please visit our website
for a more comprehensive list of our generous supporters.
< Back to the news section