Our fundraising efforts wrapped up this year with a wonderfully successful Holiday Brunch and Auction at Rogues Restaurant in Mississauga. This event, in its 22nd year, raised $50,000 to support children, youth and their families who are experiencing serious mental health difficulties. Our other annual fundraising event, Cosmic Bowl, raised more than $44,000.
High-needs families at PCC will enjoy happy holidays thanks to the incredible kindness and generosity of a great many organizations, companies and individuals who have organized gift and food drives. We are overwhelmed at this outpouring of support from our Caring Community!
Our 22nd Annual Holiday Brunch and Auction raised $50,000 for PCC. Many thanks to Rogues Restaurant owner Tony Pereira and his staff for again hosting the event and providing a delicious meal. Special thanks to internationally renowned recording artist, Dan Hill, who graciously donated his time to entertain us. Dan also shared his personal reflections on the importance of our work and the need to support families who are experiencing mental health challenges.
Sincere thanks as well to our event sponsors:
- Matching sponsor: Scotiabank
- Brunch sponsors: RBC; and Sheridan Centre, Credit Landing, Parkways West and Port Street Market (proudly managed by Bentall Kennedy)
- Table Sponsors: Binswanger Hectare; Pallett Valo LLP; Royal LePage Real Estate; and Sigma Convector Enclosure Corp./Spacefile International Corp.
We are grateful for all the auction donations, including major donations from Calsper Investments, Erin Mills Town Centre, Fantasy Gemart, and Whirlpool. Major event supporters included Ken Foxcroft, The Mississauga News, John Rogers and Laurie Williamson. Thanks as well to everyone who purchased tickets and bid on auction items. Your generosity is making a positive difference in the lives of children, youth and their families in our community.
Our sincere thanks to staff at the following organizations who organized holiday gift drives to support high-needs children, youth and families who are clients of PCC.
- Astra Zeneca
- Boys and Girls Club of Peel Region
- Novartis Consumer Health Canada Inc.
- Peel Children’s Centre
- Peel Region - Health Information Management Division
- Peel Region Paramedics
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Telmetrics Inc.
Thanks as well to everyone who sponsored, bowled, pledged, or provided donations to PCC’s 8th Annual Cosmic Bowl. With more than $44,000 raised, it was the event’s most successful year yet. A special thank-you to Toronto Argonaut’s mascot, Jason, who entertained young and old!
We are extremely grateful for the following gifts valued at $2,000 or more.
- RBC again provided a $40,000 grant to support PCC’s Group Services, raising RBC’s cumulative support to more than $200,000
- Staff of PCC and Nexus Youth Services raised more than $27,000 for the United Way of Peel Region and our agencies
- Hydro One Brampton raised $25,000 for PCC at its 2012 Charity Golf Tournament
- The Pendle Fund at the Community Foundation of Mississauga provided a $20,000 grant to support PCC’s Day Treatment Summer Camp
- CIBC provided a $10,000 grant to support our Intensive Child and Family Services
- Toronto Star Fresh Air Fund donated $7,000 for PCC’s Day Treatment Summer Camp
- Staples Business Depot’s Argentia Rd store raised more than $5,000 for back-to-school supplies for high-needs families at PCC
- National Fitness Products provided a $4,000 in-kind donation to our Residential Treatment Program
- Square One raised more than $3,000 for PCC through its Santa Photo Campaign
- Mississauga Central Lions donated $3,000 to support PCC’s Preschool Services
- Zonta Club of Brampton donated $3,000 for our “Go Grrls! Club” groups
- Mississauga Firefighters Benevolent Fund provided $2,000 for PCC’s Day Treatment Summer Camp.