Working With Other Providers:
At Peel Children’s Centre, we cooperate with other services so that children, teenagers and families can get the help they need, whether it is from Peel Children’s Centre or another community service.
We believe that when families look for help, they should not have to make several phone calls to find the service they need.
For this reason, we provide a centralized intake service called Mental Health Services for Children and Youth, with one number that families in the Region of Peel can call to get help with their child’s or teenager’s problem with relationships, feelings, or behaviour. The number to call is 905-451-4655
When a family calls Mental Health Services for Children and Youth, a worker asks some questions to figure out which community service is the best one to help them. Then the worker makes an appointment with 1 of 6 services that can help the family’s child or teenager. The 6 services are:
1. Associated Youth Services of Peel,
2. Nexus Youth Services,
3. Peel Children’s Centre,
4. Rapport Youth & Family Services,
5. Trillium Health Centre – Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, and
6. William Osler Health System - Mental Health Services for Children and Adolescents.
Peel Children’s Centre cooperates with many other public services as we work to help children, teenagers and families. These are some of the services we work with.
- Ministry of Children and Youth Services
- Regional Municipality of Peel
- Schools in the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board and the Peel District School Board
- Peel Children’s Aid Society
- Hospitals in the Region of Peel (Credit Valley Hospital, Trillium Health Centre and
- William Osler Health Centre)
- Probation Services
- Community Living Mississauga and Community Living Brampton-Caledon
- Peel Children and Youth Initiative
- Peel Crisis Capacity Network
- Ontario Early Years Centres
- Peel Youth Concurrent Disorders Committee
- Peel Regional Police
- Fire departments.